If excessive sweating has ever made you feel embarrassed or uncomfortable, hyperhidrosis treatment at Original Skin MedSpa may be able to help. BOTOX® and other treatments are available for patients who have excessive, unpredictable sweating of their underarms, palms, and feet.
What Is Hyperhidrosis Treatment?
Excessive sweating of the armpits, clinically referred to as hyperhidrosis – complicates the lives of many and can lead to emotional anxiety and physical discomfort. People who suffer from hyperhidrosis experience the same perspiration triggers as everyone else (heat, stress, exercise, emotions), but they tend to perspire severely and unpredictably throughout the day, regardless of weather, activity level, or emotions. If you’re wondering whether you might be a candidate for hyperhidrosis treatment at Original Skin MedSpa, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you afraid to wear certain clothing for fear of unsightly sweat stains?
- Have you ever avoided intimacy because you’re afraid of sweating too much?
- Do you resist raising your arms because you don’t want others to see your perspiration stains?
- Do you avoid situations where you might feel obligated to shake hands?
- Do you believe your sweating might prevent you from gaining or keeping a job?
- Does perspiration – thinking about it, planning for it, dealing with it – seem to rule your life?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, perhaps it’s time to seek help. Hyperhidrosis treatment for Broomfield, Denver and Boulder patients is available at our office.
What Treatments Are Available For Hyperhidrosis?
A hyperhidrosis treatment at Original Skin MedSpa utilizes injectections of BOTOX® Cosmetic to block the nerves that stimulate sweat glands. The injection sites, number of BOTOX® units used, and treatment frequency will vary with each patient.
The procedure will begin with the application of a solution to your underarms in order to pinpoint exactly where the hyperactive sweat glands are located. A topical anesthetic will also be applied to increase your comfort. Then, using a very fine needle, a small amount of BOTOX® will be injected near the targeted sweat glands. The entire procedure typically takes 60 minutes. There may be some mild bruising or tenderness near the injection sites, which usually subsides in a few days. Most patients are able to resume their normal activities immediately with little or no downtime. Results last up to 12 months.