Original Skin MedSpa uses the Luminus Lightsheer Laser, considered to be the Gold Standard for permanent laser hair removal.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
Yes, for many patients it is permanent. For most people, a series of 6 to 8 treatments achieves a significant reduction in hair growth. Multiple treatments are necessary because hair growth happens in cycles. Not all hair is in an active growing stage at the same time. The majority of our clients see a great reduction in the amount of hair and the level of coarseness in existing hair after only a few treatments. For significant clearance of an area 6 to 8 treatments are required. Maintenance appointments may be desired every six months to a year to ensure lasting results.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments Will I Need?
Most clients require at least 6 to 8 treatments for clearance of an area. This number can vary with skin and hair types. If your goal is to reduce the appearance of hair, fewer treatments may be necessary. Factors that may increase the number of treatments are darker skin tones, medical conditions that make hormone levels unstable, and various medications. During your consultation you will receive an estimate of how many treatments you may need.
How Long Do I Wait In Between Laser Hair Removal Treatments?
Laser hair removal treatments should be performed at 4-6 week intervals, depending on the area. The face is treated every 4 weeks and the body is treated every 6 weeks. It is best to get the treatment when the next cycle starts to emerge through the skin. This ensures that the majority of the hairs being treated will be in the active growth state and you’ll receive the best possible treatment.
Before and After Gallery
How Will My Skin Look After A Laser Treatment?
It is normal for the treated area to be red and swollen following laser treatment. The area will feel like you have a mild sunburn. These symptoms usually disappear within 2-24 hours. Aloe Vera and ice can be applied to soothe the treated area. Most people resume normal social activities immediately following laser treatment.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
We use the Luminus Lightsheer Laser, which is considered the Gold Standard for permanent laser hair removal. The unique feature about this laser is the cooling device. It not only makes the treatments more comfortable but also protects the skin during laser treatments.
Why Can’t My Skin Be Tanned When I Am Getting A Laser Treatment?
Tanning increases the melanin in the skin. The laser is attracted to melanin, so if the skin has increased melanin it’s difficult for the laser to distinguish between hair and skin. Tanning can cause complications such as burning or discoloration of the skin. It is best for the skin to be the lightest natural color to achieve optimal results and to maintain the integrity of the skin. .
What Areas Can Be Treated With Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal can be performed everywhere on the body except the eyelids.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a permanent solution to all of those tedious, time-consuming grooming tactics most people deal with on a daily basis. Laser hair removal can also improve the appearance of painful razor bumps. You’ll avoid the hassle and expenses of razors, bleaching cream, and depilatories, as well. A laser procedure is so convenient it can be done over the lunch hour or on the way home from work.
How to Prepare For a Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Avoid tanning, which includes tanning beds and sunless tanning products for 2 weeks prior to laser treatment. As well as extended time outside in the sun prior to treatments.
- It is best to refrain from tweezing, waxing, or use of depilatories for 2 weeks before laser treatment.
- An electric trimmer or cuticle scissors can be used to trim down the hair between treatments.
- We recommend that you discontinue using hair bleaching cream 1 week prior to laser treatment.
- A Laser treatment is best performed when the area is clean shaven.
- Laser cannot be performed if Accutane has been used in the past 6 months. Certain medications, including topicals, can interfere with laser treatments and will need to be reviewed during your consultation.
- A test spot may need to be performed to see how the skin will respond if you are using topical skin products or medications that cause sun sensitivity.
- Laser hair removal treatments are not performed on pregnant women.
- Laser cannot be performed directly over a tattoo. It will cause the color to fade or completely remove the color..
- Avoid any direct sun exposure for 2 weeks after laser treatment. This includes tanning beds. We recommend the use of sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher at all times through the course of your laser treatments. It is best to discontinue any tanning during the course of your treatments. Tanning can increase the amount of risks, complications, and the number of treatments needed.
- Do not use sunless tanning creams on the treated area for 1-2 weeks before and after the laser treatment. These products could make the skin look discolored or blotchy.
For Best Results: Treatments should be performed at 4-week intervals for the face and 6-week intervals for the body.
|Service||Approx. Session Length||Price Per Treatment||6-Treatment Package|
|Lip & Chin||15 Minutes||$75||$375|
|Sides of Face||15 Minutes||$50||$250|
|Minimal Bikini||15 Minutes||$100||$500|
|Extended Bikini||30 Minutes||$120||$600|
|Full Brazilian||30 Minutes||$160||$800|
|Upper or Lower Arms||30 Minutes||$100||$500|
|Full Arms||60 Minutes||$150||$750|
|Lower or Upper Legs||60 Minutes||$200||$1000|
|Full Legs||120 Minutes||$350||$1750|
|Full Back||60 Minutes||$300||$1500|
|Full Back w/ shoulders||90 Minutes||$375||$1875|
|Full Front (chest & abs)||60 Minutes||$300||$1500|
|Full Front with Shoulders (chest & abs)||90 Minutes||$375||$1875|
|Full Front & Back ( Back, Shoulders, Chest & Abs)||180 Minutes||$600||$3000|